Latham & Watkins is pleased to co-sponsor the international conference, “Navigating the New Green Economy: The Challenges of Climate Change and the Opportunities for Clean Energy,” to be held in London, England on May 23-24, 2011. This unique international conference, chaired by the American Bar Association Standing Committee on Environmental Law and the London School of Economics, will provide a high-level forum to discuss the intersection of climate change policy and politics, and the incentives, economics, and finance for clean energy. The program will allow participants to interact with government and industry leaders, academic scholars, and finance and legal experts from the European Union, the United Kingdom and the United States. Our Keynote speakers are Lord Anthony Giddens, member of the House of Lords and author of The Politics of Climate Change, and Lisa Heinzerling, former Assistant Administrator of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and a key architect of U.S. climate change policy. Also featured are speakers from:
- U.S. Senate staff
- UK Department of Energy and Climate Change
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
- American Council for an Energy-Efficient Economy
- Center for International Environmental Law
- Law International Centre for Trade and Sustainable Development
- International Emissions Trading Association
- Low Carbon Research Institute
- And some of the leading international law firms and universities.
To register, please visit the American Bar Association web site: http://www.americanbar.org/groups/public_services/environmental_law/2011_london_spring_conference.html
Submit a comment about this post to the editor.